CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

To decorate or not to decorate.....

That is the question.

Well, I guess when to decorate is the real question. Do you decorate for Christmas as soon as Halloween is over, as soon as Thanksgiving is over, whenever you get around to it or never???

Growing up my mom never decorated for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Then we would go to the Christmas tree farm and pick out a tree. I always loved doing this. The Christmas tree farm we went to had carriage rides, a little cabin with cookies and cider and a petting zoo. I even remember wondering if the llamas would really spit on me!! Or if I could make them spit at me. After picking out our tree and having the worker cut it for us, we would load it in the truck to bring it home.

One of the problems for us was getting the tree to stand up straight in the tree holder. We would think it was perfectly straight and then let go of it and it would lean to the left, never the right always the left. But once we got it in the stand correctly, my mom put the multi-colored lights on and she and I decorated it with all different kinds of ornaments. I loved these days! I was always so excited about decorating.

Even though Josh and I have an artificial tree and decorate our tree differently, I still love the tradition of decorating our tree! My mom decorated after Thanksgiving and so do we. Luckily, Josh feels the same way so there is no disagreeing on this matter. So when do you decorate and why?

0 comments:

Post a Comment