CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Beautiful Mom

.........

turned 50!!!

Or as my cousin told her "It is the 30th anniversary of your 20th birthday!"  I loved that.  No, she doesn't mind telling her age.  She is proud of it.  Usually she doesn't have a big birthday party, Josh and I usually take her and my dad out to eat or take her a cake.  But this year we couldn't NOT do anything special.  What started out as cake and ice cream with the extended family turned into dinner and cake and ice cream with over 30 people!!  Wowza! 

My dad has a huge smoker that he and my late grandpa built, that he loves to use.  So he smoked 6 different kinds of meat (no vegetarians here!) We had turkey, chicken, ham, brisket, bologna and polish sausage.  My mom loves to cook and we could have never kept her out of the kitchen, so she contributed as well.  She made potato salad, pasta salad, coleslaw, Waldorf salad.  I came down early and helped her make taco salad, deviled eggs, potato skins and rice.  We had other stuff too, I just can't remember it all.  Anyway, needless to say we had plenty of food.  And man oh man was it good!!

Then we had cake.  Josh and I ordered the cake from a local bakery that has some of the best cakes ever and brought it over. 






Love it!



The cake for the dogs.




My beautiful mom!



My mom looking at the Bible my dad got for her.




My mom, her brother and sister



My brother, mom, dad, me, Josh, Fenway and my nephew in front.



Me and a sleepy Fenway



Our little family

My mom had a great birthday party! We had family, friends, cake and ice cream with lots of laughter and fun times. I love you mom!

2 comments:

Kelly Loy Gilbert

Oh my gosh, I looooooooooooooooove smoked meats. I am so. freaking jealous. Someday i'll get one of those.

Happy birthday to your mom! :) What a great celebration.

Amey

Yeah, smoked meat is yummy! My parents experiment with different rubs and spices so th flavos are different each time. The turkey was my favorite this time!

Post a Comment