CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Beloved House Shoes

I am the kind of person that has to either wear socks or house shoes in the house.  I don't like to go barefoot.  Hotel floors really gross me out!  Well a few years ago my mom got me the perfect house shoes.

They are fleeze booties with a drawstring so they don't flop around. They are crazy warm and have a soft sole (not plastic)!  Anyway, I had them for about a year and a half when we got Fenway.  As innocent as she looks, she sure like to get into stuff!

I put my house shoes on one day and tightened the drawstring.  Well, the drawstring was broken.  Fenway decided to chew on the drawstrings apparently! I tried to wear them, but they kept flopping off. So, I decided that I needed to part ways with them.

Well, this past November my mom, cousin and I went shopping at an outlet mall.  While in Gap, I found my house shoes!!  I was beyond thrilled and bought me a pair and convinced my mom to buy several pairs as gifts.  Fast forward to Tuesday night.  I get in my comfy clothes and go into the closet to put my house shoes on.  They aren't there!  I look under the bed, on the dresser, in the clothes hamper and in the guest bedroom.  By this time, I have given up, Josh on the other hand decides to look for me.  Sometimes I can't see things that are right in front of my face and this drives Josh nuts, but he loves when he can find something that I can't.  Well after 10 more minutes of looking I declare that someone must have broke into our house and stolen my house shoes!!

As I am going to bed, I open my nightstand and guess what was staring back at me??  My house shoes!!  At first I can't remember how my house shoes got into my nightstand.  What normal person puts their house shoes in their nightstand??  Then it dawns on me.

I went to bed with my house shoes on Monday night and in the middle of the night I decided to take them off.  Fenway sleeps with us, so I decided that I better put them up so she couldn't get them.  I guess in the middle of the night the best and closest option was the nightstand!! 

I guess people do weird things in the middle of the night, but I honestly didn't remember putting them in the nightstand!!  My house shoes are keping my little tootsies warm as we speak!!  I should have bought a few extra pairs just in case someone does decide to break into our house and steal my house shoes!!

1 comments:

Amber

Any floors but my own home (and parents of course) gross me out. And hotel are at the top of the list. Glad you found the perfect shoes!

Post a Comment