CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 25, 2010

SAG Awards 2010

Although I didn't get to watch the SAG's, I come on who airs an awards show on a Saturday night, I didn't miss the fashion!  The SAG's honor only people that are on TV or movies, not the people that make or direct them.  I also love that the honor ensembles, not just individuals.  Below is my take on the fashion of the night!  Photos courtesy of movies.yahoo.com

Colors of the Rainbow
These are some of my favorite dresses!

Carey Mulligan
I love the color and waist detail.  Although this is kind of a mermaid style, it is a little differentwiththe tuck behind the knee.


Diane Krugar
The shape is wow!  It fits her like a glove.  It reminds me of the dress that Michelle Williams wore to the Oscars a few ago, but a little duller.  I love the one shoulder with the drapping and even like droopy sleeve on this dress. 


Jenna Fischer
She is not a fashionista, never claims to be, but this looks good on her.  It wouldn't be my first choice for my dress, but it looks really good with her skin tone and red hair.




Anna Kendrick
Again love the color!!  And the texture!! The top half of the dress has the lovely folds and the bottom looks layered, but shaggy.  Hair is simple and I love the lack of jewelry.




Lea Michele
Very different from her Golden Globes look, but equally gorgeous.  The color pops and the dress hugs the right curves.  I love that she wore her hair down and flowy.  The only improvement could be a S-M-I-L-E!

White: The GREAT, the OK and the Ugly


Kate Hudson
The GOOD.  I think she has a thing for white.  She wore it for a premier of Nine, the Golden Globes and now the SAG's, but this look is more streamlined than the others. I love the way she showed off her back with the low cut and especially by using the necklace to draw more attention to it.  The waist detailing is awesome too!


Marion Cotillard
The OK.  Hate her shoes, but think her dress is OK.  The one shoulder thing is really hot now, but I don't like the extra padding in this one shoulder.  It is like 3 inches high!  And the structure of the hips adds volume, which I wouldn't want.


Paula Patton
The BAD. Some pregnant women want to show off there bump, (think Heidi Klum at the Emmy's) and some like to hide it (apparently Paula Patton).  This looks like a bad wedding dress in my opinion with the tulle and the top half is ferocious!

Women in Black


Julianna Margulies
Not a fan.  Not a fan. I don't like the material or design.  I have watched her show and it was pretty good, but don't like her attitude off camera.  At least what I have seen anyway.


Penelope Cruz
Maybe not the right length.  It makes her appear short.  I don't like the appliqué  look, but her hair looks good.



Sandra Bullock
The dress fits perfectly, but I don't like the boxy shoulders or the blue feathers at the top.  But I think she is usually hit or miss on the red carpet.


Sophia Loren
I am speechless...

Prints of Peace

Meryl Streep
Love this on her.  She usually goes for comfort and this looks comfy, but not too much so.  Remember when she wore weird black pants with a black top and looked like she rolled out of bed and won??  Well I prefer this. The belt emphasizes her waist and the other black accessories continue the theme.


Michelle Monaghan
Does this count as a print? Well to me it does.  I like this for some reason, all of the individual aspects of the dress (asymmetrical hem, long one shoulder, overlay) I am not a fan of, but together they work.


Anna Paquin
Does this like a dress that you would where to the SAG's or out on a date?  I don't like the print, length or anything about it.

Your thoughts?

2 comments:

Tanya

Amey, I am coming to see that you and I would make great friends, as we see eye to eye... at least on our opinions of the fashion world! :0) I couldn't agree with you more about this latest buzz!

Also, I seldom get to indulge in things like this anymore, as my life has taken such a "serious" turn... so, Thank You, for helping me escape and taking me away!

Exotic trips... Fashion... what's next?

Sweet Simplicity

I missed the red carpet for this event, so I'm happy to see a recap! I think Lea Michele is GORGEOUS! I have loved the dresses she has chosen for the last 2 award shows.

Post a Comment