CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

My kind of weekend

This weekend has been my kind of weekend. Friday night Josh and I grabbed some yummy Mexican food, then came back home and watched some of our recorded shows. Well, I watched Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice, and Josh was on the computer. Saturday we slept in a bit, then cleaned house. My mom came by a little after noon and we did a little shopping. She was looking for new appliances, so we headed to Lowes. She found the dishwasher, stove, washer and dryer she liked, but no refrigerator. So we have to go look again. Then we headed to the mall and man o man was it busy. We only went to 3 stores and decided to call it quits. Then we headed to my house to pick up Josh and my dad to go get something to eat.


We couldn’t decide between Texas Roadhouse or Abuelo’s, but eventually Texas Roadhouse won out. As we pulled in I spotted my cousin waiting outside. So we got to talk with my cousin and her husband and my other cousin and his girlfriend for 40 minutes while we waited. It made the time go by a lot quicker. We enjoyed good company, good conversation and good food. I love that our parents live only 45 minutes away, so we get to see them often.

This morning we decided to go watch Dear John, well Josh said he would take me to watch it. We went to the 11:10 a.m. show. And apparently if you go to the first showing of the day it only costs $5. So it only cost $10 for the tickets and $9 for the popcorn and Sprite, so that was a pretty cheap date.

I really liked the movie, but I did cry a lot. I had read the book, so I knew what the basis of the movie was going to be. The first time I read the book I didn’t like it, but I have since read it again and I liked it a lot more the second time around. The movie was different than the book, but I knew that they weren’t going to be exactly the same and I like that. I have never seen a movie based on a book that didn’t change things up a little bit, leave parts out or add new parts.

I am a huge Nicholas Sparks fan. I have read all of his books and seen all the movies based on his books. It is hard to say which is my favorite, but I would have to say The Notebook movie and book. My least favorite is probably Three Weeks with my Brother (his autobiography). I thoroughly enjoy all of his other books and movies. Do you have a favorite Nicholas Sparks book or movie?? What about least favorite??

Now it is almost time for the Super Bowl! And I will be watching and it won’t be for the commercials either!! It will be for the Colts. I have followed Peyton Manning since his days at Tennessee and still love to watch him play. Josh is a Dallas fan, so his team isn’t in it, but he is rooting for the Saints. We’ll have to see who wins!!

This definitely has been my kind of weekend. What is your kind of weekend?

3 comments:

Tanya

Sounds like a lovely weekend! Hmmm... cheap theater, no doubt! A matinee for Lauren and me: Lauren is free(because of the wheels) and I am $6.50... add $18.00 for a large popcorn and two drinks, which I think is highway robbery! Am I just being cheap?

Sorry about the Colts! My son was pulling for them too-

Amey

No, I don't think you are being cheap. We got a medium popcorn and a large pop for $9, so if we would have got a large popcorn and 2 drinks it proably would have been $18. The Nerds and Sour Patch Kids they sale for $3.75 are only $1 at Walmart. I am not above sneaking in my own candy and bottled drinks! Does that make me a bad person?

Tanya

Amey, you make me laugh! :0) Hey, I'm all over the $1 candy at the Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart too! Guess we're both bad, eh? Ha! Ha! But, I bet there's plenty more like us out there! :0) And, by the way, my kids LOVE Nerds and Sour Patch Kids...

Post a Comment