CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 12, 2010

The Winter Olympics

As I am typing this the Opening Ceremony for the Winter Olympics is on.  I love the Olympics!  It doesn't matter if is the Summer Olympics or the Winter Olympics, I don't discriminate.  I love them both.  They are being held in Vancouver, British Columbia in case you didn't know.  Now I am a little confused about their ties to Great Britain and Canada, but I'll figure it out sometime.  

This year, the Olympics kind of snuck up on me.  I didn't realize that it was time for them again!  There hasn't been much coverage of them up until a few weeks ago, and there still hasn't been much.  A friend of mine said it was because there aren't as many countries that compete in the Winter Olympics. There are less than half of the number of countries that participate in the Summer Olympics participating in the Winter Olympics.  For the next two weeks I will be watching all kinds of sporting events that I wouldn't watch otherwise, but for some reason I am hooked!

I plan on watching speed skating, figure skating, all kinds of skiing, bobsledding and curling.  My favorite is probably bobsledding an figure skating.  Are you an Olympic junkie?  If so, what is your favorite sport??

P.S. I love the all white rings they are using for the Olympic symbol, instead of the colored ones.

2 comments:

Kelly Loy Gilbert

I looooooooooove the figure skating. Can't wait to watch this year.

Natalia

I knew they were on around Valentine's Day but didn't realize either that they started yesterday. I would like to watch it, but when Jeremiah's sleeping, that's a no go. I enjoy the figure skating, speed skating and bobsledding.

Post a Comment