CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 22, 2010

Nine Years

I woke up Sunday morning and thought I am so blessed to have married Josh. No, I didn’t just realize this, but I woke up with it on my mind. I believe that I had a dream about what my life would have been like if I hadn’t married Josh and it was horrible.


I only dated a few guys and had a few crushes before I started dated Josh. I started dating Josh nine years ago today!! Wow, that is almost a decade! I was a 17 year old junior in high school and he was a 19 year old freshman in college.

I know that I wouldn’t be living the life I have now if I would have married someone else. I wouldn’t have a dog named Fenway, a 6 foot by 6 foot painting of Ray Charles in my living room, the nickname Jewels, a collection of John F Kennedy biographies, Marilyn Monroe Andy Warhol plates, the list could go on and on. But, most importantly I wouldn’t be married to Josh and share the love that we do. I love you Josh!

I am thinking about writing our story out for this blog and publishing it little by little. Now I am not a master writer, but I want to write it. I think that our story deserves to be told because it is ours.

4 comments:

Kelly Loy Gilbert

Aww. :)

Would love to read your story!

Tanya

There seems to be so much bad in the world today that happy stories seem to give a welcomed break from it all! And, as for me...I love a great love story and would really enjoy to read about your journey with Josh! In fact, when I read your blog post, it brought to mind a single blog post I wrote about my hubby... the love of my life, long ago. Here's the link if you'd like to read it:
http://laurenourbravelittlehero.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-am-blessed.html

Perhaps yours will be more of a story... and I can't wait to read it! Enjoy your wonderful life with Josh and celebrate the good times! And one bit of advice, as we all know life can get hard sometimes... An elderly friend told me a long time ago-"Don't let the difficult times push you apart, let them draw you closer as you face the hard times together, side by side!" Good luck!

Lori

Yay - write it!

Lori

I left you an award on my site :-)

Post a Comment