CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

My movie weekend

Last weekend Josh and  I watched my fair share of movies.  Not like one or two more like 5 or 6!!  I didn't see Four Christmases in the theatre because I thought it was more rental material.  So when it came out Josh put it in our queue on Netflix.  Well, a month and a half later I still haven't received it because of the Long Wait status (does anyone else have this problem with Netflix?  Always a long wait for the new releases.)  Josh surprised me with it Thursday night!!  And he got it for only $7! Score.  We had 500 Days of Summer and Whip It from Netflix and we got The Hurt Locker, The Surrogates, Carriers and Beyond a Reasonable Doubt from Redbox.  Some we enjoyed and some we didn't!

Four Christmases: We both liked it, it was funnier than what we were expecting.  I love Reese Witherspoon, but don't care much for Vince Vaughn, but in this movie I liked him.  I love the story and how they learn about themselves.  B+


500 Days of Summer: Josh didn't watch it, but unfortunately I did.  I hated it.  I don't like movies that skip around a lot.  It would show day 300 of their relationship, then day 158, then day 389.  It was confusing, plus it was sooo slow.  F

Whip It:: Josh and I really liked it.  It was pretty funny and love the girl power.  Go Hurl Scouts!!  I thought their made up names were pretty innovative: Smashley Simpson, Babe Ruthless and Rosa Sparks to name a few.  I did keep picturing Ellen Page in Juno though.  A-

The Hurt Locker:  I rarely watch rated R movies, but I made an exception with this one.  It had a lot of cursing and violence, but that is expected in a war movie.  Josh and I loved this movie. I liked that the cast weren't "big" movie stars; it was more of an independent movie.  A

Surrogates: Bruce Willis needs to be in better movies.  Josh and I put this on, but I couldn't watch it.  It was boring and not my kind of movie.  I am not into Sci-Fi.  We should have turned it off!  F
Carriers:  I don't remember seeing Piper Perabo in anything since Coyote Ugly, but this wasn't memorable.  I don't think there was enough background to the story.  It kind of jumped in and it didn't fill in some of the details.  It was definitely a straight to DVD kind of movie.  C

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt: I think this might have been a straight to DVD movie because I don't remember it coming to theatres.  But, Josh and I liked it. There was a definite twist to the movie, that was interesting and I didn't pick up on.  I liked the suspense and the actors, even though they aren't "big" stars they are known.  B

So I give The Hurt Locker, Whip It, Four Christmases and Beyond a Reasonable Doubt a thumbs up and Surrogates and Carriers a big thumbs down!  If you want more info on the movies you can read their plots at http://www.imdb.com/ .

2 comments:

Anonymous

I too, hated 500 Days of Summer! I can't handle the skipping around nonsense either. And dont' you think that actress looked way better in "Elf?"

Amey

I forgot that she was even in Elf. I really liked her in Failure to Launch!

Post a Comment